Causes For The Downturn In The Housing Market
The Impact of the B20 Stress Test on BC Home Sales
- Without the stress test, home sales in BC would have been about 7,500 sales—or 10% higher—in 2018
- Approximately $500 million in BC economic activity was lost due the B20 stress test
- The decline in home sales in 2018 was largely due to market factors like interest rates and affordability
The implementation of several federal and provincial housing policies designed to temper BC housing demand has given rise to competing explanations for what ultimately caused the downturn in the housing market. Was it the B20 mortgage stress test? Higher interest rates? The provincial speculation tax or the expansion of the foreign buyers’ tax?
For insight into the causes of the housing market slowdown – read BCREA Market Intelligence Report
Copyright© 2021 your HomeTeam ™. All rights reserved.
Website Design and Internet Marketing by Guaranteed SEO
- #SOLD – 3665 Victoria Dr, Coquitlam - On the market for the first time in 35 years, this 2.89-acre property is a so… https://t.co/BY8NRF6HFW
- #SOLD - #1206-1308 Hornby St, Downtown – bright 1 bdr + den, investor-friendly corner suite – SOLD $725,000… https://t.co/xUkCHhKCK6
- #SOLD - #301-1429 William St - East Vancouver – top floor, 2 bdr suite with views, close to The Drive – SOLD $655,0… https://t.co/2AoTzLyya6
- #SOLD - #174-15168 36 Ave, White Rock – lovely, spacious 3 bedroom townhome in family-friendly complex – SOLD $675,… https://t.co/cR6Yh8rj6i
- #SOLD - #311-2477 Carolina St, Mt Pleasant - 1 bdr suite with fabulous 300sf deck, feels like a show suite – SOLD $… https://t.co/Dy5Sxy4fTv