Causes For The Downturn In The Housing Market
The Impact of the B20 Stress Test on BC Home Sales
- Without the stress test, home sales in BC would have been about 7,500 sales—or 10% higher—in 2018
- Approximately $500 million in BC economic activity was lost due the B20 stress test
- The decline in home sales in 2018 was largely due to market factors like interest rates and affordability
The implementation of several federal and provincial housing policies designed to temper BC housing demand has given rise to competing explanations for what ultimately caused the downturn in the housing market. Was it the B20 mortgage stress test? Higher interest rates? The provincial speculation tax or the expansion of the foreign buyers’ tax?
For insight into the causes of the housing market slowdown – read BCREA Market Intelligence Report
Copyright© 2021 your HomeTeam ™. All rights reserved.
Website Design and Internet Marketing by Guaranteed SEO
- Shifting housing needs & low interest rates were key drivers of home sales in 2020:
- #HousingMarketUpdate – Buyer demand push detached house & townhome prices upward. Sunshine Coast experienced highes… https://t.co/NZkLHyGQQY
- #NewListing – 22600 Rathburn Dr, Richmond $1,138,800 – Beautifully presented & lovely, this home is a perfectionist… https://t.co/02uL7ZMS9o
- #HappyClients – “Annette and the rest of the YourHomeTeam group were amazing to work with. They were always quick t… https://t.co/5VPiwfmIJL
- #SOLD – 120-723 W3rd St, North Vancouver – now sold $1,085,000, thank you for your interest. See more of our featur… https://t.co/PBcSZaaQPh